As global citizens, we all want to change the world for the better — but in anxious times, it can be difficult to know how to join the conversation about solutions to the world’s major issues. That’s where the Social Good Summit comes in.
Now in its tenth year, the Social Good Summit brings together leading thinkers — activists, politicians, scientists, diplomats, artists, and more — for a day of inspired conversation on how we can all help our global community achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the target year of 2030. These goals seek to improve the quality of life for all people, lifting up everyone and leaving no one behind.
This year’s Summit will focus on a truly global issue, one that affects every single one of the SDGs: climate change. The 2019 Social Good Summit has already announced a diverse range of speakers, from activist Greta Thunberg to author Jonathan Safran Foer, and now we’re excited to announce the second wave of speakers.
Katie Couric, journalist, founder of @SU2C, and head of Katie Couric Media, will join us as a speaker at the 2019 Social Good Summit. She brings thirty legendary years as an anchor, correspondent, and reporter for iconic institutions like The Today Show, CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes, and many more outlets — now including Katie Couric Media. Couric founded Stand Up to Cancer (@SU2C) in 2008 to fund innovative new cancer treatments, and she has a longtime history as an activist in support of many global causes.
Creative director and designer Mara Hoffman will join Couric as a speaker at SGS 2019. Hoffman designs and creates her clothing line with sustainability and workers’ rights in mind, working to change the global apparel industry by focusing on the environment and labor practices. All factories that manufacture Mara Hoffman clothing must adhere to internationally recognized environmental and human rights standards, and Hoffman creates her apparel line from organic, recycled, and sustainable products whenever possible.
Celebrated actress, singer, and producer Connie Britton will also return to the Summit this year. Britton earned two Emmy nominations for her work on Friday Night Lights and further nominations for her roles on Nashville and American Horror Story, and she was nominated for Golden Globe awards for her performances in Nashville and Dirty John. A Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme since 2014, Britton dedicates her work to eliminating poverty, fighting exclusion, and empowering women.
The Social Good Summit features a wide range of speakers with different backgrounds, perspectives, and expertise. The latest round of confirmed speakers for the 2019 Social Good Summit also includes:
· José Andrés, Chef, Humanitarian, and New York Times best-selling author
· Bonj, Singer-Songwriter
· Molly Burhans, UN Young Champion of the Earth winner for North America; Cartographer
· Catherine Coleman Flowers, Rural Development Manager, Equal Justice Initiative
· Maisie Devine, Global Director, 100+ Accelerator, Anheuser-Busch InBev
· Cassie Flynn, Global Climate Change Advisor, United Nations Development Programme
· Hindou Ibrahim, Geographer, Environmental Activist
· Omar Itani, UN Young Champion of the Earth winner for West Asia; Industrial Engineer
· Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson, Marine Biologist; Policy Expert; Founder and CEO, Ocean Collective; Founder, Urban Ocean Lab
· Dr. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director, UN Population Fund
· Richard Ladkani, Director Director of Sea Of Shadows and The Ivory Game, Founder of Malaika Pictures
· Zoleka Mandela, Global Ambassador, Child Health Initiative
· Dr. Kate Marvel, Climate Scientist, Columbia University and NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
· Cindy McCain, Chairman of the Board, The McCain Institute for International Leadership
· Tony Milikin, Chief Sustainability & Procurement Officer, Anheuser-Busch InBev
· Dr. Alaa Murabit, Canadian Meritorious Service Cross recipient; SDG Advocate; UN High-Level Commissioner, Health Employment and Economic Growth
· Kumi Naidoo, Secretary General, Amnesty International
· Dr. Maria Neira, WHO Director, Physician
· Caroline Roan, Vice President, Pfizer Global Health and Patient Access; President, The Pfizer Foundation
· Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO, Verizon
· Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth
We invite you to be a part of the conversation at the 2019 Social Good Summit, joining a dialogue about creating solutions. Tickets are still available to join the Summit and connect with other visionary global citizens to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
SHOP PRESENZA 2019. Advance Portfolio WordPress Theme