- “Money” rapper Cardi B came to Kanye West‘s defense after a comedian said he “fell off” after finding God.
- “Kanye West found God and people call that falling off,” Cardi wrote in the comments of an Instagram post on Monday.
- West has recently been outspoken about his faith.
- His latest album is called “Jesus Is King,” and he urged those working on it to abstain from premarital sex.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Bodak Yellow” rapper Cardi B came to Kanye West’s defense on Monday after a comedian said the “Famous” rapper “fell off” after finding God.
“Kanye West found God and people call that falling off,” Cardi wrote in the comments of an Instagram post (along with an annoyed face emoji) that contained a screenshot of comedian Karlous Miller’s tweet.
—Karlous Miller (@KarlousM) October 25, 2019
On Instagram, fans were quick to praise both Cardi and West, and called out Miller for what they felt to be unfair criticism of West.
“Kanye moves me to be a better person,” one fan wrote in response to Cardi’s comment, saying the rapper represents “love and light.”
“Wow wisest thing Cardi ever said,” another fan wrote, with many echoing similar sentiments.
In recent weeks, West has been increasingly outspoken about his newfound faith. In addition to naming his latest album “Jesus Is King,” the rapper has also urged others to make significant lifestyle changes.
West revealed in an interview wth Zane Lowe for Apple Music’s Beats 1 that he had asked those working on his new album not to engage in premarital sex while they were recording.
“I think and feel differently now, now that I’m Christian,” West said of his decision to ban North from cosmetics and revealing clothing.
Representatives for West didn’t immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.
- Read more:
- Kanye West banned his 6-year-old daughter from wearing makeup and crop tops: ‘I think and feel differently now that I’m Christian’
- Kanye West says he asked people not to have premarital sex while working on his new album
- Kanye West apparently gave $1 million to charity in Kim Kardashian’s name for her birthday
- Kanye West was slammed by Christians for calling his new album ‘Jesus Is King’